Monday, December 19, 2005

The House.

Today I went to Loogootee to say goodbye to Grandma's house. It probably will be the last time I will see it before the sale is finalized on Tuesday. It was really sad... I wish that I had some reason to keep it... a family, or something... but it was too big for just one single guy. Also, regardless that it currently belongs to me, I never could have thought of it as anything other than Grandma's house. Well anyhoo, I took about 100 pics of it, so I will never have to forget it, or her... and will be keeping them in digital and printed form for years so I can show my kids (eventually) and just remember how great of a home it was. I shall post a few of the more interesting ones for you all to see.







I didn't say they were exciting... but they mean something to me. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took a bunch of pics of my grandma's house after she died and Aunt Pamela moved out since it was going to be the last time I saw the inside. I'm glad you got a chance to take a ton of pics before the house is sold.

-Erando

Kozzuth said...

And they mean a lot to me, but I am very happy that you had the oppurtunity to take a 100 pics. They will be worth there weight in gold when your memory starts to fade in a few years in regards to the house and grandma.

Anonymous said...

Did you get any of the sandpit? And why did we call it the sandpit?

I will miss the house as well, but I don't think I could have ever seen you living there...even if Loogootee had broadband.

Kozzuth said...

Definition of sandpit: A pit that has sand in it...

:)

Oh, because there was sand stone there. Thus, it was crushed up into sand and melted into mirrors.

Anonymous said...

But it wasn't really sandy at all. It had a huge cliff like area on two sides, trees and foliage on the other 2, and there was copious amounts of water in the middle. Sure there was some sand, but I would be hard pressed to consider it a pit of sand...you know, the visual thing that would pop up in your head if you had never been to the sand pit.

Saegiru said...

No, none really, other than a pic of the sandpit from up near the back yard. I was too lazy to go out there at the time, plus my batteries were dying. I will probably sneak out there sometime before winter is over and take a few though. Strangely enough, I did go down there on Tuesday with Steve and the guy that bought the house, and I didn't see the boat. I wonder if it finally sunk or disintegrated?

Saegiru said...

Oh and speaking of... the only thing that CAN pop up in my mind when the word sandpit is said, is the sandpit. I don't think that will ever be able to change. :)

Kozzuth said...

I have some pics of the sandpit. I will have to find them and post them.

Kozzuth said...

Check my blog. I posted some pics of the sandpit.