Monday, November 28, 2005

Videophile.

Okay, as most of you all know, I am quite the videophile and audiophile for that matter. I like to have things I am watching looking and sounding the best they possibly can, no matter what. This started back in the day with my Nintendo I guess, when I was but a wee lad not knowing how to hook a simple RF adapter into a TV with an older hookup. As time progressed, I kept trying to hook things up more and more, trying to get the stereo sound out of my old Super NES, and hooking it up with the AWESOME composite video cables. The one thing back in the day I couldn't do myself though, was have an awesome TV to match my need for awesome picture... but I managed with the old console TV's that were handed down to me when Grandma got a new one. Now, however... being that I am single and spend money pretty much only on myself... except for when I am with friends, and I don't mind paying for meals and such... my limit on an awesome TV was broken. Now I (unfortunately?) sometimes put almost TOO much into my TV experience... TiVo, for example... and the 2 large screen TV's I have had in the past... 4 years? Anyway, I hit a new high today, and got my new TV delivered, after I found a great deal on it on the net. It is an insane 62" a DLP, and it has HDMI support and of course HDTV support. By far, it is the most insane TV I have ever had, and I should really be in the other room watching it, but Jeremiah and Scott are playing XBOX 360 on it at the moment, so I felt like blogging. I don't know for sure if I should be worried when my TV is taller than me diagonally though.

On a second note, I will now add a few pics of my hair going the red it currently is, as promised.






Also on this note, it goes along with the way I seem to be changing who I am, so I will post that as well. Most who know me, know that my look was pretty much lacking as far as clothes go. I basically only wore t-shirts and khakis most of the time, alot of the shirts being Anime Central shirts or plain white shirts. Anyway, while I was at Amanda's parents this past week, Kade, Amanda, and I went shopping and they helped me pick out a few new sets of clothes that seemed to fit me. I personally have to say, I quite like the new ones I bought, and I think I actually look somewhat stylish in them as well. The strangest part of it all was that apparently I am supposed to wear a size large in shirts and such, and I had been wearing size XL which were basically hanging off me. I had no idea clothes were supposed to actually hug your body pretty much. It took a couple days to get used to, but it actually feels better wearing the correct size now.

Well anyway, hope everyone had a good thanksgiving... I think I am going to marvel at my new TV some more. ^_^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pic of you on the stairs is pretty freaky. I'm happy you've been enjoying the changes in your life and that they are so positive. It's better than changes like losing all your teeth or having your car trampled by an elephant. :)

-Erando

Anonymous said...

Wow, it is almost as shocking as the time you came into work with the bleached blonde hair (I think that was the first time you didn't wear a button up shirt too). I like it though. Go you for feeling good about your change. Getting new clothes always makes me feel better:) Hopefully this is a sign of better things to come