Tuesday, August 05, 2008

defeated.

How does one meet someone? I have been single for what seems forever. The last relationship I had lasted about 2 weeks, and it was years ago. My longest relationship has lasted I think maybe 2 months? I am at a point that I really don't know what to do or where to go from here.

I don't know how to find someone. I have resorted to online sources like match.com, and eharmony, and yahoo personals... and have gotten nothing. I even went as far as trying craigslist recently. The only responses I got were from spambots and such. I don't get any responses to my own attempts, and I don't get messages from girls that are interested in me. I can't go out to a bar by myself or something, I am not that kind of person. I feel totally uncomfortable and wrong in environments like that.

I really don't know what to do to find someone. I accept myself as I am... a geek that likes geek things, but I can't find a girl that wants that. I don't think I should have to change to find someone for me. Isn't there supposed to be someone out there for everyone? I look around at my friends/family and it seems that it is true. What am I missing? I am 29... I have almost lived a third of my estimated lifetime with no girl to share it with.

I just want to find a girl to be geeky with, or at least find a girl that doesn't care that I am geeky. I look around at all these sites and things and it seems there are girls out there that fit this description, but why the hell can't I find one that would like me?

Ah well, I don't know... I have been mulling about all this for awhile now, I just had to get it out somehow.

2 comments:

Kozzuth said...

Surround yourself with the items you crave and magical things will happen... God, that sounds like a fortune cookie script, but it is worth a shot.

Saegiru said...

Yeah, but a readily available source of females is difficult for me to find. Ones that want to hang around with me anyway.