Thursday, January 26, 2006

Observation.

Why is it all myspace pages look like web pages from the mid 90’s?  I mean seriously, flashing text, hard to read dark text on dark backgrounds, or bright text on bright backgrounds.  Tables everywhere, and just the UGLIEST crap I have really ever seen… for the most part.  I really am surprised there isn’t a black & yellow striped bar across the top, middle, and bottom of the page that says “Under Construction” and a banner that says “GET MOSAIC NOW” or something.  I am glad I am not someone who actually designs pages, I can only imagine how pissed off a person could get knowing that a place like that is so insanely popular even though it has to be the WORST example of HTML design ever.  BTW, I am purposely NOT linking to myspace in this post, to further show my dislike of it’s ugliness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you wondered why I shunned you while you were thinking in the MySpace world.

Kozzuth said...

:-) Ah, I guess it has been that long since I updated www.tech-questions.com... LOL, I am so 90's.

Ian, you are always the master of 20/20 n forsight.

Saegiru said...

Tech-Questions.com actually isn't that bad as far as visual appeal... it actually looks pretty good. The content on it is pretty old though :)

Kozzuth said...

Thanks coz, but it needs to be lighter for sure. The dark side of me has faded away... Or has it? :-) Depends on whether I am drinking (which I gave up in July) or not.

AHHHH! Yeah, I still cus too much. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think I would put tq more in this decade than the last. It might be slightly dated, but at least it is not garish. And to be honest, a lot of tech sites are the same way. You can't use the same type of visual interface as a blog or a site for one or two products and still convey information. Sure the trimmed down, simplistic interfaces are nicer to look at, but if you were going to a site to get info and you did not see anything of value on first glance you will go elsewhere.